Все видео канала Mishimoto Automotive2014-01-30 14:59
Product page: http://mishimo.to/26aZv8k
Mishimoto, the world leader in performance cooling products, shows you how to install the Mishimoto performance cold-air intake for the 2008-2014 Subaru Impreza WRX and STI!
Model Number: MMAI-STI-08
2008-2014 Subaru WRX/STI Performance Air Intake Installation Guide
(2) Aluminum Intercooler Pipes w/ CNC-Machined Quick-Disconnect Flanges
(1) Aluminum Intake pipe
(1) High-Flow Air Filter
(1) Heat Shield w/ Seal
(1) 2.75 Inch Silicone Coupler
(1) Rubber Mounting Isolator
(2) Silicone Coupler Work-Gear Clamps
(1) M6 x 1.0 Hex Serrated Nut
8mm Socket (Optional)
25mm Hex Key
• Please dispose of any liquids properly.
• Allow vehicle to cool completely prior to attempting installation.
• Mishimoto Performance (MP) is not responsible for any vehicle
damage or personal injury due to installation errors, misuse,
or removal of MP products.
• MP always suggests that a trained professional install all
• Do not run the engine or drive the vehicle while overheating.
Serious damage may occur.
• Raise vehicle only on jack stands or on a vehicle lift.
01 | REMOVING THE FACTORY intake system
1. Disconnect the air intake duct by removing the two pop clips
securing it to the radiator support. Using a flathead screwdriver,
turn the pop clips one-quarter turn, and then remove them
completely with pop-clip pliers.
2. Disconnect the connector for the mass airflow sensor.
3. Use either a flathead screwdriver or an 8mm socket to loosen
the clamps that secure the air intake hose to both the airbox and
the air inlet hose.
4. Once the clamps are loose, remove the air intake hose
from the vehicle.
5. Disconnect the airbox, which is secured to the chassis with two
6. Once both bolts have been removed, lift the airbox assembly
upward to remove it completely.
7. Use a Phillip’s screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the
mass airflow sensor to the stock airbox.
8. Remove the mass airflow sensor from the stock airbox
02 | INSTALLING THE MISHIMOTO Performance
1. Transfer the mass airflow sensor to the Mishimoto aluminum
intake pipe, and secure it using the two supplied 2.5mm hex bolts.
2. Remove the two 10mm nuts that secure the airbox mounting
bracket on the passenger side of the engine bay
3. Assemble the air intake pipe to the heat shield and air filter. Place
the mass airflow end of the intake pipe through the heat shield, and
slide the air filter over the end of the pipe.
4. Tighten the clamp securing the air filter to the pipe, using a
flathead screwdriver or 8mm socket.
5. Place the 2.75” silicone coupler and the two included worm-gear
clamps on the other end of the aluminum intake pipe. Leave the
clamps loose at this time.
6. Carefully place the air intake assembly into the engine bay. The
air filter should slide easily into the space previously occupied by
7. Using the two 10mm nuts that were removed from the factory
airbox bracket, loosely secure the heat shield to the mounting studs
in the engine bay.
8. Connect the silicone intake coupler to the induction hose and
place the clamps in their proper locations.
9. Attach the supplied rubber mounting isolator and bracket to the
heat shield. One end of the isolator stud will thread into the heat
shield while passing through the heat shield bracket. The top
threaded portion of the isolator will then slide through the intake
pipe bracket. The other mounting hole of the heat shield bracket
will line up with the factory airbox mounting location in the engine bay.
10. Using the 10mm bolt that was previously removed from the
factory airbox, install the bolt through the heat shield bracket,
securing it to the engine bay.
11. Install the 10mm nut that secures the aluminum intake pipe
bracket to the rubber isolator.
12. Tighten all connections completely, including the two upper
heat shield 10mm nuts, the worm-gear clamps on the silicone
coupler (use a flathead screwdriver or 8mm socket), and the lower
heat shield isolator and bracket (10mm nuts).
13. Reconnect the mass airflow sensor.
14. You have now successfully installed the Mishimoto Subaru
WRX/STI Performance Air Intake. Enjoy!